Iberia I

As I travel through the Iberian Peninsula over the next few weeks, it's blogging-lite: a few images and captions only. For the first few weeks I'm leading a tour (Gardens in Spanish Culture) in southern and middle Spain, then holidaying through Portugal and north-western Spain. 

Today, a few pictures from the region I'm in now, Andalusia, in the south of Spain. I'm just settling in so these are from my last visit, in May 2008.

The South American jacaranda in Seville:


Roadsides in Adalusia (sunflowers, wheat, olives, cork oaks, native pins):


 Geraniums (Pelargonium) in Cordoba:


Alhambra, Granada


Finally, cypress in the city of Granada:

Comments

beautiful sights and captivating natural scenery! Are these plants native to these regions? Your trip must have been an enjoyable and exciting one. Share more memories with us.